Friday, July 27, 2012

7-27-2012

Howdy folks! I'm back again with a quick update on some fish catches. I went out on the 25th and broke out the trusty fly rod for a fun afternoon of fly fishing. Lately, I've been putting in a tremendous amount of work on some new patterns that are currently in development. I've almost got them down perfectly. The fish here are being unbelievably picky and if I can get them to strike in these conditions, I've got it made. I landed six behemoth carp, a dinky sunfish, and a nice-sized crappie on that particular day. Funny story about the sunfish. I took a phone call on my cell phone and my fly was dangling in the current. When I was finished talking, I made a backcast and noticed the sunfish zipping through the air. After his terrible ordeal, he was released unharmed. Here's a few pictures from that day.












No comments:

Post a Comment