Thursday, August 16, 2012

You catch what on a fly rod??!??

Lately, I've been on a mission. I've been exploring new places to fish around here and I've been pretty successful so far. However, I overlooked a spot that's almost in my own backyard. This place contains a species of fish that many people think is almost impossible to catch repeatedly and successfully on a fly rod. I'm talking about Saugeye. Yes, people have caught them accidentally on a fly rod, but I've been specifically targeting them. They're relatively small yet, but they put up a great fight for their size. They hit streamers with such a vengeance that they make a hungry bass look like a wimp. I'm looking forward to when these guys grow up because I've hooked into a couple large ones and they gave me a fierce battle. Just remember to not lip them....










No comments:

Post a Comment