Monday, July 4, 2011

Reservoir panfish

This whole broken foot thing really cramped my style. I decided that today was the day to get out. It was the first time I've went out since I broke my foot. I've been itching to get out on the water and throw some flies. With that being said, I headed out to our local reservoir for a short trip to help get back into the groove of things. I stayed for about half an hour and I ended up with one bluegill and three green sunfish. I was using a size 12 gray and yellow popper. The three green sunfish were pretty small, but the bluegill was pretty decently sized. I apologize for no picture of the third greenie, but he looked just like the other ones I caught and I had everything packed up already. The reservoir in Defiance is still pretty new and was stocked a few years ago. Plus, there's been additional stocking since then, so most of the fish in there haven't grown very large yet. 

Bluegill caught on a popper.

Green Sunfish

Yet another Green Sunfish.



No comments:

Post a Comment